Dear Sal... A collection of letters home to England from South Korea.

Tuesday 16 December 2014

KAPS Dog Walking, Part 2 (Tue 16th Dec 2014)

Dear Sal,

I heard some bad news today. Not like a family member dying bad, but bad enough. The KAPS animal shelters, both for the cats and the dogs, will be closing next week. Those poor animal, being turned out at Christmas time. I'm sure they are not simply being thrown to the street and in fact are being rehoused at another facility. But when my friend told me I couldn't get the image out of my head of all those cats and dogs sitting on a street corner, shivering in the freezing cold winter of Daegu. I am sure they will find them all nice new comfortable homes or maybe they'll just sell them all to a local restaurant, you never know. 

This weekend will be the last ever group dog walking event. Unfortunately I have plans and am unable to attend, but a few weeks before I went on my vacation I stopped by with some friends and walked some of the pups. 

Love, hugs and see you later... 

Samuel James

P.S) Please find enclosed pictures of cute, unwanted and now homeless dogs. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment