Dear Sal... A collection of letters home to England from South Korea.

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Difficult Decision... (Wednesday 14th Jan 2015)

Dear Sal,

This week I have had to make a very difficult decision. The last seven days I have been going back and forth in my mind as to what to do about my future? Should I stay at my current job, or should I go? My initial thought was simply to leave. I could always find a new job. I asked friends for advice, but was really just looking for them to confirm what I was telling myself, and they did. By Thursday evening I had made up my mind, I would go, decision made, job done. But, then the doubt crept in.

My biggest concern was money. The cost of traveling and taking a Celta course, not to mention flying half way round the world and back would be very expensive. As well as the tedious, and agonizing process of searching for a new job. Reapplying for my criminal records check, getting it notarized and then apostilled. And while I have been able to save up a sizable amount over the last few months, after everything I had planned, I would have nothing left in my bank account. Nothing to show for a year away. 

So, I decided to stay, if my requests were met that is. I wasn't asking for the world, only what I felt I deserve and I was given it. This means I won't be returning to England until June now. It seems like such a long way off at the moment, but I know the time will fly by, just as it has done for the past eleven months.

Love, hugs and one more year. 

Samuel James

1 comment: