Dear Sal... A collection of letters home to England from South Korea.

Sunday 11 January 2015

Tarot Card Reader... (Sunday 11th Jan 2015)

Dear Sal,


I hope you are well and are getting ready for your move to Korea next month. Tomorrow I will find out if i get what I asked for and whether I will be staying at my job for another year or leaving when you arrive at the end of February and start to look for a new one. I don't feel as nervous as I have been over the last seven days, because I know what ever the out come it is whats is meant to happen. 

Today I went to a friends birthday dinner, while we where eating we started talking about fortune tellers and if we believe in them or not. I have always been skeptical in the past, and always dismissed the idea as nonsense. But in the back of my mind I wanted them to be real. After our long discussion we decided we would put this to the test, and went in search of a tarot card reader, I didn't realise how many there are in down town Daegu, we where taken to the one who was described as the real deal, apparently. After waiting patiently, they are very popular here it would seem, I was asked to choose what I wanted to know about, I thought about saying money or work, but instead asked for love, as everyone else had, and I was curious. 

I was asked to select ten cards with my left hand while thinking of my ideal partner, of course I thought of you. I then had to pick five more cards from a different pack, these were colours that represented my personality. Once they had been chosen they where flip over one by one. The fist showed a man lying on his front with several swords in his back. The women spoke softly as she looked in to my eyes, in Korean of course, my friend Scarlet sat beside me translating. She asked if I had a partner, I said yes and she said that we fight at lot, but it was good because it meant we have passion. She pulled the other cards one by one revealing more details. She said they like to travel and that they are very demanding, but that I loved them and would follow them anywhere. She also said that I needed to message them more, because if I didn't they would be hurt and think I didn't love them, which of course I do. She said we both loved sex and had good sex. She also said that they are the one I was meant to find, and I would marry them. But someone would try to steal me away, someone older and I was not to let them. She also said an ex would contact me and this would make them angry.  

It was very surreal, to hear all these things, and as I listen I began to question my original skepticism. After hearing my friends Mallory and Thomas have theirs done as well only added to this. Mallory was told she is surrounded by men, but cheats and will meet three men in the next three months. And Thomas that he isn't interested in his current girlfriend, and gives up to easily in relationships but he would get married, and soon. 

This bizarre Sunday activity distracted me from the worried of tomorrow and made me feel good about my future. Whether it's real or not, I think the impact of having it done effects the decisions people make afterwards, a self fulfilling prophecy. But what do you believe? 

Love, hugs and I see a short Jewish girl in my future.

Samuel James.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, wowzers! I believe ...you WILL see a short Jewish girl in your future. Her names Chava and she sings ALL THE TIME...on a roof...with a fiddler! Its awkward! Ha x

    ReplyDelete